Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rest In Peace Andy........

All things must pass. Opie and Richie Cunningham will too. I have other- worldly rock guitar riffs from the Woodstock era, etched in my mind. I have the Glenn Miller Band's (and Johnny Dee and the Rocket 88's version) of "In the mood" fresh in my memory. Just part of my soul I guess, but I'd have to say that for all of the tunes I know by heart, none could I nail as accurately as the beautiful whistle melody that made me sit my young butt down to watch Opie, Aunt Bea, Barney, Gomer. Goober, Otis, and oh......the amazingly steady Betty Sheriff Taylor. If I had a nickel for every boy who wished their dad was Andy Griffith, I'd probably be rich. That said, I wouldn't trade my dad (or his belt) for Joe DiMaggio.
RIP Mr. Andy Griffith. You brought a lot of joy and good clean entertainment to a generation of FAMILIES.
....you made our world a sweeter place.
Enjoy....smile.

1 comment:

Tophat said...

I didn't so much watch the show until it went into re-runs. I have watched it every time I caught it for many years. Seen every one of them probably 50 times.

Just takes me back to a kinder, simpler world.

A sad day for me.
Much like you, I won't have traded my Pop for anyone.