Saturday, February 11, 2012

Beautiful World Set to Beautiful Music - Enjoy, Then Read On......



This amazing duo came to my attention today, in an unusual way......First I caught the above clip on a site I visit daily. I was blown away by the video, but even more so by the ethereal vocal duo accompanying it. I can't as a rule, stop digging and mining the net, when I get a bug in my butt, but after watching this, I filed it, and went about my day. (please bear with this ramble here). As I was prepping and picking up stuff for dinner, was listening to Radio Margaritaville on XM, and caught a rare cut from Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris titled "Ooh Las Vegas". As though that wasn't treat enough, when I got home, out of the blue, my young spouse, was browsing Netflix on the wi-fi on the TV, and asked if I wanted to watch "my movie - Grand Theft Parsons.....Google it. Well that was eerie enough, but after she turned in, and after KP duty for me, I took it upon myself to look up the info on the group "First Aid Kit" whose "Wolf" provided the amazing backdrop for this vudeo collage. I went to their website, and while I probably would have likened them to Ann and Nancy Wilson in their harmonies, I was pleasantly and scarily surprised to read that they actually patterned their harmonies after Gram and Emmylou......and noted that their music illustrated how like in addition to Gram and Emmylou, like June Carter and Johnny Cash, it made the music better, singing with "someone you love". Interesting sequence of musical events for me today. I got the message. Susie - they were also heavily influenced by Fleet Foxes...........damn!
.....and for those who would like to see more.......




If like me, you want to see them live, get in line, and prepare to fly somewhere interesting for the next few months

1 comment:

Sugar Magnolia said...

Wow, Pilot thanks for the introduction to these stunning ladies! They are amazing. It brings to mind for me a type of "Northern Exposure" vibe....I can just see Marilyn walking the sacred Indian grounds in Alaska...

I love it! Isn't serendipity a wonderful thing. To tie together Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris, Johnny Cash, June Carter...and then to hear it in a song. Just awesome. So are the Joshua trees in that backdrop. Dunno why, but I've always had a fascination with Joshua trees.

Great start to my day!